A glimpse into my M.O. and background as part of my daily motivation.
Strategizing comes natural when one has to embrace it since infancy: working parents from different cultures and walks of life, multinational kinship, earning full-merit scholarships, enduring and succeeding in international academic environments, migrating three times, embracing, claiming “other” cultures, BECOMING!
Atypical circumstances elevate IMAGINATION as a motivational tool:
- A kid who dreamt of life in Gotham City grew to negotiate the opening of business office in Manhattan where EXPLORATION of multiple subcultural landscapes became a development platform
- My fascination with anthropology, media and the business of digital culture helped me thrive in social and work settings
- This in spite of the transient intensity of the New York …and Dallas, Mexico City, Los Angeles and other locations where I have lived and made myself belong
- One result is a conversational continuum with a global tribe of fun, talented, loving people, both settled and nomads
The ongoing pressures and pleasures of intercultural adaptation have resulted in a broad approach to living:
- respecting differences
- celebrating similarities
- exploring possibilities, often outside my comfort zone
This has proven to be the right attitude to fine-tune my CRITICAL THINKING through two higher-education cycles and three majors, including a self-designed degree stemmed from tenacious NEGOTIATION. The power of “can do” channeled by pro-active dialog (and follow up) plays a strong role in making things happen! If we don’t ask or persist the answer is always no.
Now transfer that notion to our world of constant media exposure: what’s the fun in powerful content without thought-provoking CONVERSATION? Meet up, talk, LEARN, question, galvanize, collaborate, introspect, create, earn, share, change, grow and evolve, then do it again!
So, what’s behind my modus operandi?
- Strategy since infancy
- Imagination and exploration
- Home flexibility– Global Tribe
- Broad approach to living ➫ Fond of multilayered dialog ∴ Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and negotiating
- Mostly a can-do attitude
One thought on “MODUS OPERANDI”
Pingback: About.me | TechGuerrero